- PowerOn was contracted to provide a full turn-key solution for a system that could produce 20 cakes/min.
The line had to be recipe driven for the various cakes that the client produced.
- The line consisted of 14 VFDs and 3 servo drives. An Omron PLC, HMI and Trio motion controller were used, communicating on Modbus to the various drives and AS-I to all the field components.
- Due to the use of the AS-I field components, commissioning of the line was simple and on-site start-up only took 4 days, from rewiring to operator training.
- The client is now producing 20 cakes/minute (double what he was previously producing) with an additional 40% labor cost savings.
- Due to the success of this line and the high transportation costs from Alberta to Ontario, not to mention the short shelf life, the client is considering ordering another line and opening a bakery in Eastern Ontario.